PRACTICE NOTES/QUOTES---- St.
Petersburg, Florida, March 23, 2012
- Servia was 19th quickest in the first practice session with a
time of 1:04.2946, making him the fastest of the Lotus
- At the end of the second practice session, Oriol was 24th
quickest with a time of 1:03.3535.
- Servia completed a total of 48 laps (22 in session one, 26 in
- This season will mark Servia's third start at the St.
Petersburg track. In 2008, he qualified 7th and finished 7th and in
2011 he qualified 15th and finished 9th.
- This will be the first time that Servia has competed for Lotus
DRR, he signed with the team in January.
- Last year Oriol Finished fourth in IZOD IndyCar Series
standings....Recorded 11 top-10 finishes, with a best of second at
New Hampshire and Baltimore....Among three drivers to be running at
the finish in all 17 races..... Led all drivers in laps completed
(2,103 of 2,011)....Oriol was the only driver to finish in the top
10 in first five races of the season.
- This year will be Lotus DRR's 13th season of IndyCar
competition, making them one of the longest tenured teams in the
- This weekend will mark the team's 8th time to compete at the
St. Pete street circuit.
- In 2010, the team started 4th at St. Pete with Justin Wilson
and finished 2nd in the race. Last year Wilson started 6th and
- TranSystems is the primary livery on the No. 22 machine this
weekend. TranSystems is a global engineering ﬁrm focused on
delivering solutions across the entire transportation world.
To achieve this, TranSystems consulting services span all modes,
including architectural, engineering and planning, management and
supply chain, transportation security and transportation real
estate consulting services.
Oriol Servia, No. 22 Lotus DRR, on the first day of
"We're obviously not where we want to be, we wanted to be
higher. I thought that the TranSystems car and the Lotus engine
made progress from the first to second session, but it doesn't
really show on the time sheets because it's very tight. It's
amazing, you come up with a new car and new engines and you look at
the field and it's so tight because two tenths of a second hold
four or five people. It really shows how competitive the
championship is and it will make us work that much harder to
Back on Track:
Lotus DRR will be on track starting with practice on Saturday at
9:55 am ET for the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. The race
will be telecast live on ABC. Please visit www.dreyerreinboldracing.com
for more updates.